Greater Boston Area
ACE has been active in the Boston area since 2009. To date, we’ve educated over 257,730 students across New England with the live ACE Assembly and trained 800 young people as climate leaders. In the 2015-2016 school year, our ACE Action Fellows joined with Better Future Project and their 350MA network to push the state of Massachusetts to divest its pension fund from fossil fuels and invest in renewable energy. This school year, we’re looking forward to continuing this partnership and have joined the Mass Power Forward coalition to advocate for renewable energy and energy efficiency, as well as to prohibit new subsidies for natural gas pipelines or other new fossil fuel infrastructure.
Highlights from 2015-2016:
- Action Fellow Jasmyn Mitchell delivered a powerful keynote speech on the untapped potential of frontline youth in the climate justice movement at the prestigious Bioneers Conference.
- Action Fellows joined more than 2,000 people from across New England at the Jobs, Justice, Climate March, delivering a series of speeches on climate justice on the Massachusetts State House steps.
- Action Fellows organized ACE Assemblies at 7 Boston area high schools, delivering a personalized call to action to more than 3000 students.
- Action Fellows lobbied key representatives in the Massachusetts legislature to pass a bill that would fully divest Massachusetts from fossil fuels.
- Action Fellows mobilized their peers to push for fossil fuel divestment by organizing “Youth Divestment Action Day”, an action involving more than 25 youth in hosting a rally on the State House steps and delivering a letter and photo petition to all 200 Massachusetts state legislators.