Remote, Part-time; Temporary
The climate emergency is here. The world as we know it is running out of time and the window for small, incremental action has closed. Instead, we need an emergency-level response to avert climate catastrophe—and leaders with the courage and mandate to take bold action. Our critical window of opportunity to sound the alarm is ever-narrowing and the time to act is now.
ACE’s mission is to educate, inspire and support young people to lead the fight for their future. We achieve our mission by reaching tens of millions of young people with our programs each year, training a new generation of leaders, amplifying youth voices to shift the narrative, and increasing diverse youth participation in our democracy.
ACE is looking for a savvy and creative social media intern who can help elevate ACE’s brand, share our work and update our followers with the most important and engaging content related to climate change, climate justice, and climate science. A successful candidate should have general knowledge and interest in climate science, environmental justice, and news. The ideal candidate will be passionate about young people’s role in solving the climate crisis and have experience in graphic design and microvideo production. This position reports to ACE’s Social Media Manager.
In this position, you will:
- Create organic social media content such as graphics and gifs, using design softwares like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Canva
- Create microvideos for paid and organic purposes (TikTok, IG Reels)
- Contribute to the ideation of new recurring content and designs, including programmatic, campaign and electoral content
- Support the ACE Blog, including generating ideas for new content and aggregating submissions
- Prepare draft copy for social posts per platform
- Assist in the preparation of Social Media Toolkits in Google Docs as needed for ACE-led campaigns and events
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies and give input to the ACE Education & Storytelling Team on social media
- 1 year of social media management experience across multiple channels (Ex: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) or equivalent experience
- Must have access to own computer with reliable internet
- Must be comfortable working remotely and independently on projects
- Experience with graphic design and design softwares including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Canva
- Be familiar with publishing best practices for social media platforms, including Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
- Have an understanding of social media engagement metrics
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in short-form copywriting
- Experience in strategy and content creation for social, web, graphics and video
- Experience with Monday.com
- Schedule: 10 hours per week (Average 40 hours per month), Flexible hours available
- Internship Stipend: $20 per hour
- Anticipated Length of Internship: September 2022 – June 2023
- Location: Remote
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Please apply by completing this google form. All your information will be kept confidential.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People of color, indigenous people, people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.