Location: NC, PA or WI
Temporary position through Mid November 2022
ACE seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to join our team to administer our Voter Registration Quality Control process through Blocks. The primary roles of this position are A) to help administer the Blocks database and manage the quality control process which includes tracking and verifying voter registration data. B) This role will also have a leading role in maintaining our voter registration data and training and supporting our Organizers and Canvassers as they use Blocks and other tools and technology to improve the efficacy of their voter registration work.
This is a temporary, full-time, hourly position based in North Carolina, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin (Part Time). Some in-state travel is required. The Quality Control Coordinator will report to the state Civic Engagement Manager.
- Visually inspect voter registration forms submitted by Organizers & work with them to resolve flags.
- Receive completed voter registration forms, scan and redact them in order to put them through the quality control process.
- Maintain an organized, secure filling system for paper voter registration packets in the office.
- Create and supervise a delivery schedule for voter registration packets to the Supervisors of Elections, working with the Civic Engagement Manager and the Organizers.
- Providing training (individual and group) and technical support to canvassers.
- Pulling regular reports about voter registration activity on a weekly basis.
- Create and maintain documentation for ACE’s Civic Engagement work, in collaboration with the Civic Engagement Manager.
- Train Canvassers to understand quality control flags, problematic forms, and fraud.
- Create a re-training curriculum that is responsive to Quality Control trends.
- Support ACE through investigation processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- Ability to learn and use an online database platform.
- Professional approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically having the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences.
- Able to work with people with a wide range of skill levels.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- 1-2 cycles experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred.
- Past experience with voter registration, especially the Quality Control process, preferred.
- Strong Excel or Google Sheets skills preferred.
- Experience working in coalition with partners or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
- Reliable access to transportation.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or another language) a plus.
- Some (any) experience working with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and/or NGP EveryAction, Blocks and/or other databases.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Schedule: Full-time, Hourly, Temporary (Wisconsin is Part Time)
- Hourly pay: $20
- Generous benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 13 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Location: North Carolina, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Quality Control Coordinator, NC, PA or WI (depending on the state you are applying for)” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.