Location: Remote Position
The climate emergency is here. The world as we know it is running out of time and the window for small, incremental action has closed. Instead, we need an emergency-level response to avert climate catastrophe—and leaders with the courage and mandate to take bold action. Our critical window of opportunity to sound the alarm is ever-narrowing and the time to act is now.
ACE’s mission is to educate, inspire and support young people to lead the fight for their future. We achieve our mission by reaching tens of millions of young people with our programs each year, training a new generation of leaders, amplifying youth voices to shift the narrative, and increasing diverse youth participation in our democracy.
Our staff and board members are dynamic, diverse, and talented, and our team is currently growing to meet this critical moment of opportunity.
ACE currently has more than 7,900 youth climate influencers in its Creator Collective. These influencers have an aggregate reach of more than 100 million followers on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch. To our knowledge, ACE is building the largest youth climate influencer network in the world.
The Influencer Marketing Associate will help to devise and execute our plan to decentralize and diversify our methods of growing our Youth Action Network (YAN) through large-scale influencer marketing campaigns via the Creator Collective. This position will be crucial in moving our large marketing investment away from social media corporations like Facebook and Google, and into the hands of our key stakeholders—young people.
This role will help channel the youth voice, empowering them to inspire other young people and society at large—especially communities of color—to act on the climate emergency.
This is a full-time position based remotely anywhere in the US. The Influencer Marketing Associate will work from home, meet weekly by video chat with teams and have weekly national full staff meetings with colleagues online.
- Use in-list, organic search, and paid outreach methods to identify and recruit youth micro-influencers, while applying an equity lens.
- Manage our SMS opt-in pathways, keywords, and tracking links/processes to measure the success of influencer content.
- Manage a large number of creators throughout every phase of content creation and use influencer aggregator tools.
- Conduct community building and outreach within our network of creators, offering resources and skill-share opportunities.
- Coordinate with our ads team to boost and repurpose creator content for digital ads.
- Manage influencer marketing and communications vendors when applicable.
- Building processes and systems: Manage and improve our highly scalable online system that guides creators from sign up, through content creation, and finally to payment.
- Digital engagement and outreach: Write and send emails, text messages and other communications to our network of 880k+ youth activists and 7,900+ creators to motivate them to generate more content.
- Campaign strategy: Take ownership of digital outreach for some of our specific marketing campaign verticals including ideation.
- Stay updated: Keep on top of trends and hashtags within the short-form video ecosystems like TikTok, Reels, or Triller.
- Influencer support: Vet, edit and provide quality feedback on video content from influencers, and also provide the infrastructure that supports creators with video assets. Act as the liaison between the ACE Marketing and Communications Team and influencers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be excited to take on a challenge, self-motivated with oodles of initiative and persistence, and have the following experiences and skills sets:
Great candidates will have some of the skills and experience listed below:
- Experience with running some or all of the elements of a digital campaign, including fluency with common digital tools and technology, and comfortable learning new tech.
- You have a rigorous eye for detail and are unable to ignore any out-of-place minutiae such as misplaced commas, extra spaces, or misconfigured settings.
- You have a solid gut instinct for content review on what is appropriate content for sponsored ACE videos. This would include looking for profanity or other age-appropriate issues, fact-checking statistics, and comments made in creators’ videos, and making sure that all content is non-partisan (since ACE is a registered 501c3 non-profit).
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile organization, where we are trying out new ideas, building out new processes, and growing rapidly in data complexity.
- You are experienced in influencer marketing and have worked with content creators before in a previous role.
- You have experience working with youth or on issues that young people care about, and you are deeply connected with trends and issues relevant to a youth audience.
- You have mastery of social media platforms and features including TikTok, Instagram, and more.
- Experience running an influencer management software like Upfluence, Creator IQ
- Vast knowledge of social media platforms, their creators and the inner workings of platform communities
- Nonprofit experience and/or an understanding of 501(c)(3) organizations
- Existing expertise or willingness to master trends in climate education, youth organizing, and the climate movement.
- Understanding of climate change, climate justice, the environment, and related social justice issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills (Google Suite)
- We have no formal education requirements
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $60,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 13 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Location: Remote
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Influencer Marketing Associate” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.