PAYMENTS FOR EACH PLATFORM POST
*as of April 14, 2021
|0 – 9,999||$40|
|10,000 – 99,999||$200|
|100,000 – 1,000,000+||$2,000|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACTION FOR THE CLIMATE EMERGENCY
INFLUENCER CAMPAIGN RULES (the Rules”)
1. Program. Action for the Climate Emergency, dba ACE, 4676 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304 (“ACE”or “Sponsor”) seeks youth activists who want to create and share videos about important environmental and social issues in collaboration with ACE. If you comply with our Rules and submit a satisfactory video, we will pay you the amount that we offer when you sign up.
2. Eligibility. Action for the Climate Emergency Video Campaign (the “Campaign”) is open only to legal residents in all 50 states and US Territories who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. By submitting the application form, you’re agreeing to participate by these Rules.
3. How to Enter. Complete the application form. After submitting, ACE will evaluate your eligibility, and if it is interested in working with you, ACE will send you an invitation email with the subject line “ACE Invitation Email” (ACE Invitation Email) containing further information.
Follow the instructions you receive in the ACE Invitation Email regarding length and content of the video. Note that we will only accept videos that comply with conditions stated in ACE Invitation Email and these Rules, including these Requirements and Content Restrictions given below:
- Social media profiles where the video will be posted must be public and viewable by ACE for one year.
- Direct viewer to click the required link (from ACE Invitation Email) in your bio either directly or via LinkTree
- Link must be posted in your bio or Linktree for a minimum of 6 months from the video’s published date.
- Include the hashtags required by the ACE Invitation Email.
- The opinions expressed in the video represent your true convictions at the time of posting irrespective of the payment you receive as a result of this contract.
- Video does not include information that expressly supports or opposes a political candidate (you can talk about good or bad policies in general but not candidates) or says anything else that would violate ACE’s 501(c)(3) status.
- Video does not include information that directs the viewer to call their legislature on a particular bill (general references to legislation under consideration is OK)
- Video does not include any private information of a third party such as address, phone number, or email address;
- Video does not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement or current or former any celebrity endorsers;
- Video does not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
- Video does not use the ACE logo;
- Video does not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- Video does not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Video does not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
4. ACE Process. Once ACE receives your Submission, we will review it to check that it complies with these Rules and favorably represents ACE, at ACE’s sole discretion. ACE is not responsible for lost, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which will be disqualified at ACE’s sole discretion.
- Invitation. Upon submission of ACE Application form, your request will be reviewed and you will be given instructions by email containing the amount to be paid and instructions for completing the project.
- Drafting. Create your video. Once you have completed your video, you will upload it via the link in the invitation for review by the ACE team.
- Publishing. Once ACE accepts and approves your Submission, we will send another email with the subject line containing the words “ACE Publishing” instructions email (henceforth known as ACE Publishing email) confirming acceptance and giving further instructions regarding publishing your video. Generally, you will be directed to a web page where you must submit the link(s) to your posted content. By socially publishing your Submission with the Campaign hashtags, you are agreeing to continue to comply with the Rules.
- Payment. If the video is accepted, ACE will notify you by sending another email with the subject line containing the words “ACE Payment Link” (ACE Payment Link email) that includes information to process your payment. Payment will be sent within 10 days of ACE receiving the invoice and W9 from influencer. If we do not receive a response or we receive incomplete information, you will not be paid and our offer to pay may be withdrawn after 30 days. Influencer is subject to seller fees on PayPal or other payment methods. By accepting payment, you are agreeing that the compensation you received for your Submission represents the entire amount of compensation from ACE and that ACE does not have any other obligation to you for any other compensation or expenses or costs incurred in connection with your Submission.
5. Important Information about Your Rights and Responsibilities.
- Authorized Account Holder. You are only approved to share your video via the social media handles that you provided on the Application Form. You must also be the “authorized account holder” on any account you use, which means you were the registrant of the email address or social media account provided by an online platform or other organization responsible for assigning these accounts, domains or email addresses or social media account you use.
- License to Use Your Work. By socially sharing your Submission with the Campaign hashtags, you are consenting to give ACE a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in connection with the Campaign, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation. If requested, you agree to provide any documentation that may be required for ACE or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights you are granting to use the Submission or any portion of it.
- Publicity. By socially sharing your Submission with the Campaign hashtags, you give ACE or its designees consent to use your name or social media handle, the Submission, photo, video, likeness, city and state of residence, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to your Submission or the Campaign, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
- Independent Contractor. The work you do to complete the Submission is as an independent contractor to ACE. By making a Submission, you acknowledge and agree that (i) you are solely responsible for the manner in which you complete the Submission and (ii) you are a self-employed individual, who performs (or would perform) services similar to these services for various entities and individuals other than ACE. You are responsible for the withholding and payment of any taxes and other assessments arising out of your work, and neither you nor anyone that works with you are entitled to participate in any employee benefit plans of ACE.
- Ongoing Requirements. You agree to monitor established communications channels i.e. email on a regular basis and comply within 24 hours if you receive a request from ACE to remove any published content governed by the terms of this contract.
- Confidentiality. You agree to maintain confidentiality with regard to any elements of this contract and your communications with ACE.
8. General Legal Information:
- a. Cancellation. If for any reason, the Campaign is not capable of running as planned, ACE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign; provided, however, ACE will take all reasonable steps to compensate for all Submissions received and accepted prior to cancellation.
- b. Disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be acting in violation of these Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- c. No Obligation. ACE is not obligated to use the Submission. ACE shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent it chooses to refrain from use or any exploitation of its rights under these Rules.
- d. Revisions to Rules. ACE may update these Rules from time to time and will notify current participants in the Campaign of updates via an email with the words ACE Rules Update in the title.
- e. No Waiver of Rights. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- e. No Endorsement. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform.
- f. Disputes: This Agreement shall be construed and enforced pursuant to the laws and decisions of the State of Colorado / United States.
- g. Force Majeure. If either you or ACE under these Rules is unable to perform any of its obligations by reason of fire or other casualty, strike, act or order of public authority, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of such party, then such party shall be excused from such performance during the pendency of such cause.
By participating in this Campaign, including any of these steps of completing a registration form, submitting a video, accepting payment or socially sharing the video you create, you are indicating consent to these Rules and agreeing to comply with them.