ACE has been active in North Carolina since 2010. We’ve educated tens of thousands of students across the state and trained 200 young people as climate leaders. The 2017-2018 Action Fellowship is in full swing. Updates coming soon.
Highlights from 2015-2016:
- Action Fellows helped lead a community education and organizing event focused on energy equality in Southeast Raleigh.
- Action Fellows mobilized their peers, led a workshop on energy justice, facilitated youth community building activities, and fully participated in the 3 day North Carolina Climate Justice Summit.
- Five Action Fellows testified at a state level regulatory hearing in favor of adopting the EPA’s Clean Power Plan in North Carolina.
- Action Fellows joined thousands of others to rally for justice at the annual HKonJ Moral March in Raleigh.
- Action Fellow Jasmine Gregory represented youth on a UN Panel in Washington, D.C. moderated by Bill Nye the Science Guy focused on catalyzing solutions under the Paris Climate Treaty.
- Action Fellow Senith Berhane spoke to the Durham School Board Members about prioritizing sustainability and delivered 25 letters of support from Action Fellows in NC, other students, Parent-Teacher Associations and two principals.