State Science Standards - Massachusetts
The ACE Assembly addresses the following science standards prescribed by the state of Massachusetts.
Source: Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework
Earth and Space Science
1. Matter and Energy in the Earth System
- 1.1 Identify Earth’s principal sources of internal and external energy, such as radioactive decay, gravity, and solar energy.
2. Energy Resources in the Earth System
- 2.1 Recognize, describe, and compare renewable energy resources (e.g., solar, wind, water, biomass) and nonrenewable energy resources (e.g., fossil fuels, nuclear energy).
- 2.2 Describe the effects on the environment and on the carbon cycle of using both renewable and nonrenewable sources of energy.
4. Energy and Power Technologies—Thermal Systems
- 4.4 Identify and explain alternatives to nonrenewable energies (e.g., wind and solar energy conversion systems)