WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the health of communities and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. Since our founding in 2008, ACE has educated over 3 million youth, grown our action network to 300,000 members, tracked over 1 million climate actions, and registered and turned out tens of thousands of first-time climate voters.
The Youth Influencer Manager will help devise and execute our plan to decentralize and diversify our methods of growing our Youth Action Network (YAN). This role will be crucial in moving our large marketing investment from social media corporations into the hands of our stakeholders—young people. This role is also crucial to reducing our dependence on a single source of list growth and diversifying our acquisition methods.
This role will help channel the youth voice, empowering them to inspire other young people and society at large—especially communities of color—to act on the climate crisis and other intersecting issues.
This is a full-time position based in the United States. The Youth Influencer Manager will work from home, meet weekly by video chat with teams and have weekly national full staff meetings with colleagues online.
- Use in-list and paid outreach methods to identify and recruit hundreds of youth micro-influencers while applying an equity lens.
- Develop a clear scalable process for signing, contracting and managing a large number of influencers.
- Support influencers with graphic assets, and mentor and coach them on how to create compelling content that grows our YAN list.
- Manage our SMS opt-in pathways, keywords and tracking processes to measure the success of influencer content.
- Create platform-specific video content focussed on a marketing/growth mindset as needed across ACE social media platforms..
- Manage the full breadth of digital outreach on one or more of our campaigns.
- Implement in-list (SMS, email and push notification) opportunities to drive our existing YAN members to ACE-owned original and influencer-created content.
- Manage influencer marketing and communications vendors when applicable.
- Building processes and systems: Design and implement a highly scalable online system that allows young creators to sign up, organize and create fresh and inspiring content for young people, and in a way for the ACE team to easily monitor progress.
- Digital engagement and outreach: Write and send emails, text messages and other communications to our of 300k+ youth activists and creators to motivate them to generate more content.
- Campaign strategy: Take ownership of digital outreach for some of our specific marketing campaign verticals including ideation.
- Stay updated: Keep on top of trends and hashtags within the short-form video ecosystems like TikTok, Reels or Triller.
- Influencer support: Vet, edit and provide quality feedback on video content from influencers, and also provide infrastructure that supports creators with video assets. Act as the liaison between the ACE Marketing and Communications Team and influencers.
- Experience with running some or all of the elements of a digital campaign
- Experience with creating videos and content for mobile devices and short-form video platforms (extra points if you have already created them)
- Mastery of social media platforms and features including TikTok, Instagram and more
- Deeply connected with trends and issues relevant to a youth audience
- Willingness to learn and innovate
- Must have authorization to work in United States
- Experience running an influencer management software like Upfluence, Creator IQ, or willingness to learn
- Vast knowledge of social media platforms, its creators and the inner workings of platform communities
- Nonprofit experience and/or an understanding of 501(c)(3) organizations
- Existing expertise or willingness to master trends in climate education, youth organizing and the climate movement.
- Understandings of climate change, climate justice, the environment and related social justice issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills (Google Suite)
Annual salary range: $45,000-$61,200 commensurate with experience
Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time and 12 observed holidays
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
Anticipated start date: January 4, 2021
Deadline to apply: November 25, 2020
Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
Please apply by emailing your resume to [email protected], with “Youth Influencer Manager” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
Instead of a cover letter, send us links to two TikTok videos that you think do a great job at inspiring young people to take action on climate change, and participate in our democracy, along with a short note on why you chose each of them. Applications without the TikTok videos will not be considered.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.