Location: Remote (Based anywhere in the United States)
The climate emergency is here. The world as we know it is running out of time and the window for small, incremental action has closed. Instead, we need an emergency-level response to avert climate catastrophe—and leaders with the courage and mandate to take bold action. Our critical window of opportunity to sound the alarm is ever-narrowing and the time to act is now.
ACE’s mission is to educate, inspire and support young people to lead the fight for their future. We achieve our mission by reaching tens of millions of young people with our programs each year, training a new generation of leaders, amplifying youth voices to shift the narrative, and increasing diverse youth participation in our democracy.
Our staff and board members are dynamic, diverse, and talented, and our team is currently growing to meet this critical moment of opportunity.
The HR and Recruitment Manager manages ACE’s diverse recruitment and onboarding process, ensuring a smooth recruitment and onboarding process and supporting the staff and hiring teams. The HR and Recruitment Manager will partner closely with hiring managers to support their hiring goals and play a critical role in the expansion of this fast-growing organization.
This is a full-time, remote position based anywhere in the United States. The HR and Recruitment Manager will work from home, meet regularly by video chat with ACE team members and candidates, and conduct activities both online and in-person, when safe. Some travel will be required to departmental meetings, staff retreats, and other events when safe. This position will report to the Head of HR and Operations.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment for a variety of roles within the organization
- Source active and passive candidates using a variety of search methods to ensure a diverse and highly qualified candidate pool
- Design and implement the overall recruiting strategy of the organization
- Screen candidates by reviewing application materials and performing phone and video screenings
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop and update job descriptions
- Collaborate with managers and staff members to continually improve and deliver a high-quality onboarding to new staff so they are set up for success
- Assess applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions
- Deliver interview training to all staff participating in interviews
- Manage the overall offer process including reference and background checks and preparing offer materials
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection are done in accordance with employment laws and regulations
- Integrate equity and inclusion practices into the hiring process
- Assist the Head of HR and Operations with day-to-day operations of the HR department.
- 2-3 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting preferably in the nonprofit field
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems
- Expertise in using a wide variety of sourcing avenues
- Expert use of Google Suite and comfortable using and learning new technology tools
- Work requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Deep understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Strong ability to be proactive and self-reliant, managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive demeanor and staying results-oriented.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical thinker and problem solver.
- Passion for the organization’s mission.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $60,000-$66,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, Flexible Work Schedule, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 13 observed holidays
- Location: Remote
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, and a short 2-3 page writing sample to [email protected], with “HR and Recruitment Manager ” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.