The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the health of communities and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. Since our founding in 2008, ACE has educated over 3 million youth, grown our action network to 300,000 members, tracked over 1 million climate actions, and registered and turned out tens of thousands of first-time climate voters.
The Director, Digital Strategy will help plan and execute our plan to grow our Youth Action Network (YAN) and be the digital lead of our national and state level advocacy campaigns. This role will help channel the youth voice, empowering them to inspire other young people and society at large—especially communities of color—to act on the climate crisis and other intersecting issues.
This is a full-time position based in the United States. The Director, Digital Strategy will work from home, meet as required by video chat with teams and have weekly national full staff meetings with colleagues online.
- Manage our web CMS platforms on WordPress and Engaging Networks to constantly, experiment, iterate and improve on the experience of the online community to lift conversion and engagement.
- Manage our ad tracking and analytics platforms using Google Tag Manager.
- Manage relationships with various developers, suppliers, contractors and SAAS providers for technology platforms
- Work closely with the Data team to ensure that data moves correctly and seamlessly from web properties into our data pipes.
- Use in-list and paid outreach methods to engage young people in action taking, advocacy and civic engagement to advance ACE’s mission.
- Manage our SMS opt-in pathways, keywords, and tracking processes to measure the success of digital organizing activities.
- Create and develop training materials and checklists so that staff members can be quickly onboarded to create web content.
- Develop creative digital marketing concepts, content, and campaigns alongside ACE’s Digital and marketing team, including IG and FB ad copywriting.
- Implement in-list (SMS, email, and push notification) opportunities to drive our existing YAN members to ACE-owned original and influencer-created content.
- Improve UX: Work with our developers and contractors to improve the UX on all our web properties.
- User Engagement: Design and setup experiments that create beautiful, intuitive, and seamless user experiences.
- Digital Campaign Strategy: Help and educate campaign and organizing teams to leverage digital tools for winning campaigns.
- Campaign strategy: Ideate and develop digital outreach for specific campaign verticals.
- Digital engagement and outreach: Write and produce ads, emails, text messages, and other communications to our list of 500k+ youth activists and creators to motivate them to generate more content.
- Experience with managing web properties, advocacy pages, and APIs through third-party vendors.
- Expertise with reading and reporting on web analytics.
- Experience with running some or all of the elements of a digital campaign.
- Deeply connected with trends and issues relevant to a youth audience.
- Willingness to test new strategies, learn, and innovate.
- Strong data orientation.
- Nonprofit experience and/or an understanding of 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Existing expertise of trends in climate education, youth organizing, and the climate movement.
- Understandings of climate change, climate justice, the environment, and related social justice issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with Engaging Networks is highly desired.
- Strong computer skills (Google Suite).
- WordPress experience.
Schedule: Full-time, exempt
Annual salary range: $80,000-$90,000
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2021
Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 12 observed holidays
Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
Please apply by emailing your resume to [email protected], with “Director, Digital Strategy” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.