The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the futures of people and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. We achieve impact by working at the nexus of young people, climate justice, and democracy. We seek to educate a generation of young people about the climate crisis, and invite them to join the climate movement they must lead, including participating in our democracy as a voter. Since our funding in 2008, ACE has directly engaged tens of millions young people through its programs.
The Campaign Manager will work to advance the programmatic and strategic growth of the Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) through implementing ACE’s 501(c)(3) campaign work in key states and nationally, across the organization’s primary issue areas of: climate education and storytelling, stopping fossil fuel production, and ushering in a just transition to renewable energy.
The scope of responsibilities will include, but is not limited to: ideating and implementing national and state-based campaigns, managing data and digital tools, partnership and coalition management, managing national and in-state communications (e.g. text, email, and other modes), creating campaign collateral, and managing 5-10 ACE youth chapters doing education, climate advocacy and/or civic engagement in states across the nation.
We are looking for an experienced Campaign Manager to strengthen ACE’s role and impact in advocating for an end to the era of fossil fuels, a swift and equitable transition to renewable energy, and an increase in diverse youth participation in our democracy.
This is a full time, remote position based anywhere in the United States. The Campaign Manager will work from home, meet regularly by video chat with ACE team members, partners and youth, and conduct the majority of activities both online and in-person, when safe. The Campaign Manager must be available for regular travel within the United States, to participate in field work, conferences, actions, organizing, events, and to attend staff retreats.
Conduct field-based and digital campaign work to increase diverse youth participation in our democracy, and advocate for stopping fossil fuel expansion and pro-renewable agendas. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Campaign design and development
- Creating campaign toolkits for Chapter Managers and their chapter members in key states and nationally
- Administering distributed organizing tools and technologies
- Doing in-person and digital campaign events, mass launch calls, and other types of live events.
- Use in-list (e.g. text, email) to identify and recruit young people to start or join ACE chapters to participate in campaigns, climate advocacy and civic engagement work.
- Manage three or more state-based ACE chapters participating in climate advocacy and civic engagement work.
- Collaborate closely with the state-based Chapter Managers, Distributed Organizing Director, Civic Engagement Director, National Campaigns Director, Campaign Managers, and Digital Strategy Directors to thoughtfully execute winning civic engagement and climate advocacy campaigns locally in our key states.
- Work closely in collaboration with partners and coalitions to coordinate campaigns.
- Manage our SMS opt-in pathways, keywords and tracking processes to measure the success of campaigns and campaign actions.
- Create platform-specific content and copy for weekly campaign actions to engage chapters and the broader Youth Action Network members in the states, and nationally, in campaign work.
- Support the design and testing, when applicable, of the new distributed components of ACE’s youth organizing program.
- Regularly participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of field experiments, and campaigns, to measure the efficacy of ACE’s year-round campaign work.
- Campaign strategy and implementation: Help co-create and implement climate education, civic engagement and climate advocacy campaigns to advance the organization’s mission, and engage potentially tens of thousands of young people in our campaign work.
- Field-based Campaign Work: Regularly conduct campaign work in the field, both in-person (when safe) and digitally, in our key states and nationally, and mentor chapters, Youth Action Network members, and other campaign staff and partners to take action via various campaigns.
- Digital engagement and outreach: Write and send emails, text messages and other communications, and manage digital tools and technologies, to engage youth activists in the ACE Youth Action Network, and ACE Chapter members under the management of the Campaign Managers, Civic Engagement Managers, and Chapter Managers in key states, and nationally.
- Content Development: Conduct background research and create content for campaign pages, toolkits, social media, websites, and other campaign collateral. Support development of video content, social media campaigns, live events, and other relevant content creation as needed.
- Live events and training: Routinely conduct mass on-booarding calls, trainings, etc… for campaigns, launch events, and other needs as they arise
- ACE Chapter Management: Directly recruit and manage 5-10 or more state-based chapters outside of our key states in campaign work.
- Stay updated: Keep on top of local policies, events, coalitions, campaigns, trends and related hashtags within the short-form video ecosystems like TikTok, Reels or Triller.
- Legislative Advocacy: Regularly participate in the education of leaders on related issue areas, policies and ways to take action. This may include meeting with elected leaders to discuss relevant policies, events, or opportunities to take leadership, supporting Youth Action Network members or ACE Chapter members to do the same, or participating in coordinated advocacy in coalition with partners.
Minimum Qualifications: An ideal candidate will possess most of the following:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in field organizing, advocacy work, youth engagement or youth development, project management, preferably with a climate or other social justice focus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience leading campaign work for related social justice causes
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and creativity Existing expertise or willingness to master trends in climate education, youth development, youth organizing and the climate movement.
- •Awareness of the issues of concern to young people, including climate change and climate justice, and a passion for empowering youth to take action
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and manage partnership
- Demonstrated competence in supervising a team and managing projects
- Ability to train and coach youth
- Spanish language is a plus
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $57,500-$74,800 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time and 12 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
Please apply by emailing your resume to [email protected], with “Campaign Manager” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.