- Action Teams
- Sign Up
- Get Trained
- Do Projects
- Submit Finished Projects
- ACE Alumni
- Media Team
The ACE Assembly
The ACE Assembly is at the heart of our mission to educate, inspire and activate students to curb climate change and its effects, because we believe young adults can make a meaningful impact now. Our assemblies are:
- FREE to all high schools in our regions.
- Aligned with national and state science standards across our regions.
- Up-to-date with the latest climate science.
- Reviewed by our Science Advisory Board.
- Effective - Average climate science knowledge after the ACE Assembly improves by 27%!
- Earning rave reviews from teachers, students, administrators and more, with 97% of teachers saying our assembly is outstanding or above average.
- Winning awards from leading organizations.
Have questions about the ACE Assembly? Check out our Teacher FAQ page. Complete details about the content ACE Assembly are below. You can book an assembly at your high school via our assembly request form.
Once you have your assembly scheduled, check out the Before the Assembly page to get resources to prepare your students.
- ACE's assembly runs approximately 45-60 minutes in length and we can tailor the presentation to meet the needs of your school
- Our presentations are provided at no cost to your students or school
- ACE Educators bring all necessary equipment to your school
- The ACE presentation is based on the latest and most credible scientific sources, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report - one of the most heavily researched and reviewed scientific reports in history
Click on any of the links below to read more about each section:
II. Climate Science and Background
III. Potential Consequences of Climate Change
IV. Solutions: Imagine a Different Future
V. Solutions: Creating a Cleaner, Brighter Future
VI. End of Presentation
- The climate situation is critical and we have a limited amount of time to fix it
- We’re going to talk about science, consequences and solutions
- Your generation will be instrumental in affecting change
- Our global thermostat: the greenhouse effect
- The right balance of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere makes our planet's temperature "just right"
- Plant and animal species live where they do and how they do because they've adapted to their climate
- Fossil fuels powered the Industrial Revolution, and led to many advancements, but burning fossil fuels to create energy releases carbon dioxide (CO2) - the most important greenhouse gas
- Because we use lots of energy and get most of it from burning fossil fuels, we are emitting gigatons of CO2 into the atmosphere
- Human-produced CO2 is enhancing the natural greenhouse effect - this is global warming
- Trees, plants, oceans, small organisms in the soil remove carbon from atmosphere, they are called carbon sinks
- The increase in carbon dioxide is unprecedented and its consequences are unpredictable
- There are other greenhouse gases to consider: overview of methane
- Students view a brief interactive video that overviews the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the consequences of inaction
- The overwhelming majority of scientists agree that climate change is real
- It’s dangerous - droughts, increased storm intensity, wildfires, habitat and species loss, human hardship will likely become more prevalent
- We are running out of time. Leading scientists say there are tipping points in the Earth's climate system. If we pass these thresholds, our climate may change in ways that would be very difficult to reverse
- Despite the possible dire consequences, we can change the future and avoid the worst
- Your generation is the first to know so much about climate science and solutions - and you're hyperconnected like no other in history to do something about it
- Students watch a future-visioning video in which a cleaner, brighter future sparked by high school students is portrayed
- Choose a DOT - Do One Thing to help the environment and cool the climate: change your lightbulbs, carry a reusable water bottle, green your diet, and more. Tell your friends and family and help us connect the DOTs from around the country.
- Start or join an Action Team - a student club that helps fight climate change at your school, and get going with campus projects that help lower emissions and raise awareness around climate change.
- Time for questions from the audience and wrap up
Song Title / Artist / Used In
- Callin' Out / Lyrics Born / Intro
- What You Need (album: "From the Corner to the Block") / Galactic courtesy of Anti- (p) 2007 / Trivia
- All-a-dem-a-doo / Noiseshaper / Tribute
- Come and Check Your Head / Blue King Brown / Tribute
- Green Anthem / Tem Blessed / Tribute
- Lady Justice / J Bless & AshEl Seasunz / Outro
- Dream Reborn - Green For All